Utilities stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.1%, the Nasdaq declined 0.5% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.1% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is up 1.8% today.
- Oge Energy Corp (OGE): OGE stock is up 1.6% today.
- American Water Works (AWK): AWK stock is up 1.6% today.
- Sempra Energy (SRE): SRE stock is up 1.5% today.
- Great Plains Energy Inc (GXP): GXP stock is up 1.5% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 2.0% today.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is up 1.4% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Portland General Electric Company (POR): POR stock is up 1.2% today.
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is down 0.4% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is down 0.2% today.
- Northwest Natural Gas Company (NWN): NWN stock is down 0.3% today.
- Laclede Group (LG): LG stock is down 0.2% today.
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.