Utilities stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.5%, the Nasdaq increased 1.1% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is up 2.3% today.
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is up 1.9% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 2.1% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is up 0.8% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 0.9% today.
- Wisconsin Energy Corp (WEC): WEC stock is up 0.7% today.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is up 0.7% today.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is up 0.4% today.
- Allete Inc (ALE): ALE stock is up 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): NFG stock is down 2.2% today.
- Northwestern Corp (NWE): NWE stock is down 1.9% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is down 1.8% today.
- One Gas Inc (OGS): OGS stock is down 1.6% today.
- WGL Holdings Inc (WGL): WGL stock is down 1.4% today.
- Southwest Gas Corp (SWX): SWX stock is down 1.3% today.
- Dominion Resources (D): D stock is down 1.2% today.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is down 1.1% today.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is down 1.0% today.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.