Basic materials stocks fell broadly on Wall Street on Friday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 1.3%, the Nasdaq fell 1.4% and the S&P 500 declined 1.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Ltd (AEM): AEM stock is up 7.8% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 6.4% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 5.7% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 5.5% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 6.0% today and up 21.9% in the last month.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 4.7% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 5.5% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is up 4.5% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is up 4.6% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is up 4.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 5.4% today and down 33.7% in the last month.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is down 3.4% today and down 32.2% in the last month.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 2.2% today and down 22.0% in the last month.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is down 2.4% today and down 31.6% in the last month.
- Parker-Hannifin Corp (PH): PH stock is down 2.2% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is down 2.4% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is down 1.7% today.
- Curtiss-Wright Corp (CW): CW stock is down 2.0% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 2.0% today and down 29.6% in the last month.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is down 1.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.