Basic materials stocks finished up 2.6% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.8%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.4% higher and the S&P 500 increased 1.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 9.2% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is up 7.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is up 6.0% today.
- Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS): CRS stock is up 5.6%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc (FCX): FCX stock is up 5.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Nucor Corp (NUE): NUE stock is up 4.8% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is up 4.6% today.
- Commercial Metals Company (CMC): CMC stock is up 4.6%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is up 4.5% today.
- Neenah Paper (NP): NP stock is up 4.6% today.
Only one stock in the basic materials sectors showed losses:
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.