Basic materials stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.1%, the Nasdaq rose 0.7% and the S&P 500 was up 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 6.7% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is up 6.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 5.4%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is up 5.2% today.
- Vedanta Ltd (VEDL): VEDL stock is up 5.1% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 4.1% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is up 4.8% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is up 4.5% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is up 3.8% today.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is up 3.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 1.9% today.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is down 1.0% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is down 0.7% today.
- Cytec Industries Inc (CYT): CYT stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.