Basic materials stocks rose 0.8% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.9%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.7% higher and the S&P 500 was up 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 20.8% today and up 23.8% in the last month.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 13.0% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is up 12.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is up 11.6%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is up 10.6% today.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is up 8.7% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc (FCX): FCX stock is up 7.9%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is up 8.1% today.
- Vedanta Ltd (VEDL): VEDL stock is up 7.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is up 7.6%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- RPM International Inc (RPM): RPM stock is down 2.5% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 1.8% today.
- Monsanto Company (MON): MON stock is down 1.5% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 1.6% today.
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is down 1.6% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is down 0.9% today.
- E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company (DD): DD stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.