Basic materials stocks fell broadly on Wall Street so far on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq pushed 0.2% higher and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Vedanta Ltd (VEDL): VEDL stock is up 2.3%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 1.7% today and up 21.9% in the last month.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 1.7% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 1.4% today and up 59.8% in the last month.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is up 1.5% today.
- PPG Industries (PPG): PPG stock is up 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Ltd (AEM): AEM stock is up 1.3% today and up 31.4% in the last month.
- Randgold Resources Ltd (GOLD): GOLD stock is up 0.9% today and up 21.6% in the last month.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 1.0% today and up 36.4% in the last month.
- Albemarle Corp (ALB): ALB stock is up 0.8% today and up 21.7% in the last month.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is down 6.8% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 4.0% today.
- International Paper Company (IP): IP stock is down 3.4% today.
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is down 3.0% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 2.9% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc (FCX): FCX stock is down 2.7% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is down 2.7% today.
- Packaging Corporation of America (PKG): PKG stock is down 2.6% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is down 2.4% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 2.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.