Capital goods stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.8%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.6% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.8% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Primoris Services Corp (PRIM): PRIM stock is up 4.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cemex S.A.B. De C.V. Sponsored (CX): CX stock is up 4.6% today.
- American Woodmark Corp (AMWD): AMWD stock is up 4.4% today.
- Louisiana-Pacific Corp (LPX): LPX stock is up 4.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- M.D.C. Holdings (MDC): MDC stock is up 3.5% today.
- Wesco Aircraft Holdings Inc (WAIR): WAIR stock is up 3.5% today.
- Comfort Systems USA (FIX): FIX stock is up 3.2% today.
- Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN): BECN stock is up 3.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Meritage Corp (MTH): MTH stock is up 3.1% today.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is up 3.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Tenaris S.A. (TS): TS stock is down 0.7% today.
- Caterpillar Inc (CAT): CAT stock is down 0.7% today.
- Kennametal Inc (KMT): KMT stock is down 0.6% today.
- Teledyne Technologies Inc (TDY): TDY stock is down 0.5% today.
- General Dynamics Corp (GD): GD stock is down 0.2% today.
- John Bean Technologies Corp (JBT): JBT stock is down 0.2% today.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.