Consumer noncyclical stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.8%, the Nasdaq rose 0.6% and the S&P 500 was up 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Deluxe Corp (DLX): DLX stock is up 3.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Tupperware Corp (TUP): TUP stock is up 3.2% today.
- Boston Beer Company (SAM): SAM stock is up 2.2% today.
- Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE): CCE stock is up 2.1% today.
- Treehouse Foods (THS): THS stock is up 1.8% today.
- Dean Foods Company (DF): DF stock is up 1.8% today.
- Newell Rubbermaid Inc (NWL): NWL stock is up 1.8% today.
- J & J Snack Foods (JJSF): JJSF stock is up 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Fresh Del Monte Produce (FDP): FDP stock is up 1.5% today.
- Flowers Foods (FLO): FLO stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM): SAFM stock is down 3.2% today.
- Cott Corp (COT): COT stock is down 3.1% today.
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corp (PPC): PPC stock is down 2.1% today.
- Industrias Bachoco S.A. De C.V (IBA): IBA stock is down 1.7% today.
- Fomento Economico Mexicano S.A.B. De C.V (FMX): FMX stock is down 1.3% today.
- Cal-Maine Foods (CALM): CALM stock is down 1.0% today.
- Brown Forman Inc A (BF.A): BF.A stock is down 0.6% today.
- Revlon Inc (REV): REV stock is down 0.7% today.
- Coca Cola Femsa S.A.B. De C.V (KOF): KOF stock is down 0.3% today.
- Darling International Inc (DAR): DAR stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.