Energy stocks finished up 1.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.8%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.6% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is up 8.3% today and up 34.6% in the last month.
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is up 8.1% today.
- Kosmos Energy Ltd (KOS): KOS stock is up 6.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is up 6.4% today.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is up 6.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Canadian Natural Resources (CNQ): CNQ stock is up 5.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Petrochina Company Ltd (PTR): PTR stock is up 5.2% today.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is up 5.1% today.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is up 4.6% today.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is up 4.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is down 9.9% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is down 5.0% today.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO): CRZO stock is down 2.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is down 2.6% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is down 0.5% today.
- Atwood Oceanics (ATW): ATW stock is down 1.8% today.
- Targa Resources Partners LP (NGLS): NGLS stock is down 1.4% today.
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is down 1.4% today.
- Exterran Holdings (EXH): EXH stock is down 1.2% today.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.