Energy stocks finished up 1.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.8%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.6% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is up 8.3% today and up 34.6% in the last month.
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is up 8.1% today.
- Kosmos Energy Ltd (KOS): KOS stock is up 6.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is up 6.4% today.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is up 6.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Canadian Natural Resources (CNQ): CNQ stock is up 5.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Petrochina Company Ltd (PTR): PTR stock is up 5.2% today.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is up 5.1% today.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is up 4.6% today.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is up 4.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is down 9.9% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is down 5.0% today.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO): CRZO stock is down 2.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is down 2.6% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is down 0.5% today.
- Atwood Oceanics (ATW): ATW stock is down 1.8% today.
- Targa Resources Partners LP (NGLS): NGLS stock is down 1.4% today.
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is down 1.4% today.
- Exterran Holdings (EXH): EXH stock is down 1.2% today.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is down 1.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.