Financial stocks finished up 0.6% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.9%, the Nasdaq increased 0.4% and the S&P 500 rose 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is up 4.2% today.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 3.9% today.
- Global Payments Inc (GPN): GPN stock is up 3.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Kayne Anderson MLP Investment Company (KYN): KYN stock is up 3.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Selective Insurance Group (SIGI): SIGI stock is up 2.8% today.
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is up 2.5%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Credit Acceptance Corp (CACC): CACC stock is up 2.5%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Euronet Worldwide (EEFT): EEFT stock is up 2.2% today and up 22.8% in the last month.
- Fbl Financial Group (FFG): FFG stock is up 1.9% today.
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is up 2.3% today and up 28.1% in the last month.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- SLM Corp (SLM): SLM stock is down 2.3% today.
- Cigna Corp (CI): CI stock is down 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is down 1.3% today.
- Cno Financial Group (CNO): CNO stock is down 1.2% today.
- Universal Insurance Holdings Inc (UVE): UVE stock is down 1.0% today.
- CME Group Inc (CME): CME stock is down 0.9% today.
- First Niagara Financial Group Inc (FNFG): FNFG stock is down 0.8% today.
- Simmons First National Corp (SFNC): SFNC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Oaktree Capital Group Llc (OAK): OAK stock is down 0.6% today.
- Gabelli Equity Trust (GAB): GAB stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.