Financial stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq fell 0.6% and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is up 4.8% today.
- Verisk Analytics (VRSK): VRSK stock is up 4.4% today.
- Bancolombia S.A. (CIB): CIB stock is up 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc (SMFG): SMFG stock is up 1.7% today.
- Royal Bank Scotland Group Plc (RBS): RBS stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Barclays Plc (BCS): BCS stock is up 1.8% today.
- Credicorp Ltd (BAP): BAP stock is up 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Mizuho Financial Group (MFG): MFG stock is up 1.6% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Apollo Global Management Llc C (APO): APO stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Universal Insurance Holdings Inc (UVE): UVE stock is down 3.9% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is down 3.3% today.
- Kayne Anderson MLP Investment Company (KYN): KYN stock is down 2.3% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 1.4% today and down 32.3% in the last month.
- Och-Ziff Capital Management (OZM): OZM stock is down 1.8% today.
- Amtrust Financial Services (AFSI): AFSI stock is down 1.6% today.
- The Blackstone Group L.P. (BX): BX stock is down 1.7% today.
- Aetna Inc (AET): AET stock is down 1.4% today.
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is down 1.4% today.
- Molina Healthcare Inc (MOH): MOH stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.