Healthcare stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.1%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.2% and the S&P 500 increased 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Chemed Inc (CHE): CHE stock is up 2.2% today.
- Cantel Medical (CMN): CMN stock is up 2.1% today.
- The Ensign Group (ENSG): ENSG stock is up 1.9% today.
- Natus Medical Inc (BABY): BABY stock is up 1.9% today.
- Cardinal Health (CAH): CAH stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Mednax Inc (MD): MD stock is up 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Icu Medical (ICUI): ICUI stock is up 1.6% today.
- Haemonetics Corp (HAE): HAE stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Masimo Corp (MASI): MASI stock is up 1.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- West Pharmaceutical Services (WST): WST stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO): HALO stock is down 2.9% today.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is down 2.4% today and down 22.0% in the last month.
- Merrimack Pharmaceuticals Inc (MACK): MACK stock is down 2.4% today.
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG): ISRG stock is down 1.9% today.
- Bluebird Bio Inc (BLUE): BLUE stock is down 1.9% today and down 31.6% in the last month.
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is down 1.8% today.
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN): SGEN stock is down 1.6% today.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is down 1.5% today.
- Varian Medical Systems (VAR): VAR stock is down 1.5% today.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX): VRX stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.