Healthcare stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.8% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.7% and the S&P 500 increased 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is up 6.4% today.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN): REGN stock is up 4.0% today.
- Amgen Inc (AMGN): AMGN stock is up 4.0% today.
- Celgene Corp (CELG): CELG stock is up 2.5% today.
- Ptc Therapeutics Inc (PTCT): PTCT stock is up 3.4% today.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is up 2.9% today.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is up 2.8%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- China Biologic Products (CBPO): CBPO stock is up 1.7% today.
- Biogen Idec Inc (BIIB): BIIB stock is up 2.3% today.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Magellan Health Services (MGLN): MGLN stock is down 3.0% today.
- Centene Corp (CNC): CNC stock is down 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cempra Inc (CEMP): CEMP stock is down 1.8% today and down 21.0% in the last month.
- Wellcare Group (WCG): WCG stock is down 2.3% today.
- Astrazeneca Plc (AZN): AZN stock is down 2.1% today.
- Emergent Biosolutions (EBS): EBS stock is down 2.0% today.
- Cambrex Corp (CBM): CBM stock is down 2.2% today.
- Abbvie Inc. Common Stock (ABBV): ABBV stock is down 2.0% today.
- Sanofi-Aventis Sa (SNY): SNY stock is down 1.9% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.