Healthcare stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.8% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.7% and the S&P 500 increased 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is up 6.4% today.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN): REGN stock is up 4.0% today.
- Amgen Inc (AMGN): AMGN stock is up 4.0% today.
- Celgene Corp (CELG): CELG stock is up 2.5% today.
- Ptc Therapeutics Inc (PTCT): PTCT stock is up 3.4% today.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is up 2.9% today.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is up 2.8%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- China Biologic Products (CBPO): CBPO stock is up 1.7% today.
- Biogen Idec Inc (BIIB): BIIB stock is up 2.3% today.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Magellan Health Services (MGLN): MGLN stock is down 3.0% today.
- Centene Corp (CNC): CNC stock is down 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cempra Inc (CEMP): CEMP stock is down 1.8% today and down 21.0% in the last month.
- Wellcare Group (WCG): WCG stock is down 2.3% today.
- Astrazeneca Plc (AZN): AZN stock is down 2.1% today.
- Emergent Biosolutions (EBS): EBS stock is down 2.0% today.
- Cambrex Corp (CBM): CBM stock is down 2.2% today.
- Abbvie Inc. Common Stock (ABBV): ABBV stock is down 2.0% today.
- Sanofi-Aventis Sa (SNY): SNY stock is down 1.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.