Healthcare stocks advanced 0.8% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.2%, the Nasdaq was up 0.2% and the S&P 500 increased 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Horizon Pharma Inc (HZNP): HZNP stock is up 4.8% today.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is up 4.3% today.
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA): ARIA stock is up 3.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Clovis Oncology Inc (CLVS): CLVS stock is up 4.3% today.
- Mannkind Corp (MNKD): MNKD stock is up 3.1% today.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc (ENDP): ENDP stock is up 3.0% today.
- Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO): HALO stock is up 2.3% today.
- Eli Lilly and Company (LLY): LLY stock is up 2.6% today.
- Ptc Therapeutics Inc (PTCT): PTCT stock is up 2.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN): SGEN stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Biogen Idec Inc (BIIB): BIIB stock is down 1.4% today.
- Cooper Companies (COO): COO stock is down 1.4%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is down 1.2% today.
- Novo Nordisk A/S (NVO): NVO stock is down 1.2% today.
- Smith & Nephew Snats (SNN): SNN stock is down 1.1% today.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is down 0.8% today and down 38.8% in the last month.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN): ALXN stock is down 0.1% today.
- Wright Medical Group N.V. (WMGI): WMGI stock is down 0.8% today.
- Luxottica Group S.P.A (LUX): LUX stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.