Healthcare stocks finished up 0.3% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.9%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.4% and the S&P 500 rose 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is up 5.1% today.
- Allergan Plc (AGN): AGN stock is up 2.7% today.
- Sirona Dental Systems (SIRO): SIRO stock is up 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- United Therapeutics Corp (UTHR): UTHR stock is up 2.0% today.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is up 1.9% today.
- Henry Schein (HSIC): HSIC stock is up 1.8% today.
- Medtronic Inc (MDT): MDT stock is up 1.6% today.
- Ptc Therapeutics Inc (PTCT): PTCT stock is up 1.5% today.
- Merrimack Pharmaceuticals Inc (MACK): MACK stock is up 1.4% today.
- Astrazeneca Plc (AZN): AZN stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Bluebird Bio Inc (BLUE): BLUE stock is down 6.2% today and down 35.9% in the last month.
- Merit Medical Systems (MMSI): MMSI stock is down 5.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Acadia Healthcare Company Inc (ACHC): ACHC stock is down 4.0% today.
- Lexicon Pharmaceuticals (LXRX): LXRX stock is down 3.7% today.
- Healthsouth Corp (HLS): HLS stock is down 3.1% today.
- Anacor Pharmaceuticals (ANAC): ANAC stock is down 3.1% today.
- Icu Medical (ICUI): ICUI stock is down 2.9% today.
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN): SGEN stock is down 2.5% today.
- Tenet Healthcare Corp (THC): THC stock is down 2.4% today.
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc (LGND): LGND stock is down 2.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.