Healthcare stocks fell 1.2% on Wall Street so far on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 1.4%, the Nasdaq declined 1.4% and the S&P 500 fell 1.4%.
Only one stock in the healthcare sectors showed gains:
- Select Medical Holdings Corp (SEM): SEM stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX): VRX stock is down 5.5% today and down 29.6% in the last month.
- Kindred Healthcare (KND): KND stock is down 5.4% today and down 32.9% in the last month.
- Community Health Systems (CYH): CYH stock is down 3.2% today and down 21.2% in the last month.
- Tenet Healthcare Corp (THC): THC stock is down 2.8% today and down 25.0% in the last month.
- Amerisourcebergen Corp (ABC): ABC stock is down 3.2%, marking the 11th consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is down 2.3% today and down 28.8% in the last month.
- Centene Corp (CNC): CNC stock is down 2.1% today.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is down 2.2% today and down 27.1% in the last month.
- Mednax Inc (MD): MD stock is down 1.9% today.
- Novo Nordisk A/S (NVO): NVO stock is down 1.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.