Services stocks finished up 0.4% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.8%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.6% and the S&P 500 rose 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Groupon Inc (GRPN): GRPN stock is up 8.8% today.
- Nexstar Broadcasting Group (NXST): NXST stock is up 8.0% today and up 21.6% in the last month.
- Sinclair Broadcast Group (SBGI): SBGI stock is up 7.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Gray Television (GTN): GTN stock is up 7.1% today.
- E.W. Scripps Company (SSP): SSP stock is up 6.1% today.
- Scripps Networks Interactive Inc (SNI): SNI stock is up 5.7% today.
- The Advisory Board Company (ABCO): ABCO stock is up 5.6% today.
- Media General (MEG): MEG stock is up 5.5% today and up 25.3% in the last month.
- Builders Firstsource (BLDR): BLDR stock is up 5.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Caesars Entertainment Corporati (CZR): CZR stock is up 5.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- J.C. Penney Company Inc (JCP): JCP stock is down 4.2% today.
- Footlocker Inc (FL): FL stock is down 2.3% today.
- Brink’s Company (BCO): BCO stock is down 2.2% today.
- St. Joe Company (JOE): JOE stock is down 1.6% today.
- The Madison Square Garden Comp (MSG): MSG stock is down 1.6% today.
- Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Inc (RBA): RBA stock is down 1.5% today.
- Autozone (AZO): AZO stock is down 1.2% today.
- Bed Bath & Beyond Inc (BBBY): BBBY stock is down 1.3% today.
- Yandex N.V. (YNDX): YNDX stock is down 1.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- H&R Block (HRB): HRB stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.