Technology stocks rose 0.5% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.8%, the Nasdaq increased 0.6% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.8% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Taser International (TASR): TASR stock is up 7.1% today.
- Super Micro Computer (SMCI): SMCI stock is up 6.9% today.
- Rackspace Hosting Inc (RAX): RAX stock is up 5.8% today.
- Blackberry Ltd (BBRY): BBRY stock is up 5.6%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Semtech Corp (SMTC): SMTC stock is up 4.5% today.
- Sina Corp (SINA): SINA stock is up 4.3% today.
- Tessera Technologies (TSRA): TSRA stock is up 4.3% today.
- Sps Commerce (SPSC): SPSC stock is up 4.2% today.
- Grubhub Inc (GRUB): GRUB stock is up 4.1%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Wns Ltd (WNS): WNS stock is up 4.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Alere Inc (ALR): ALR stock is down 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cognex Corp (CGNX): CGNX stock is down 2.0% today.
- Knowles Corporation Common Stoc (KN): KN stock is down 1.9% today.
- Cavium Inc (CAVM): CAVM stock is down 1.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Ixia (XXIA): XXIA stock is down 1.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Verint Systems Inc (VRNT): VRNT stock is down 1.1% today.
- Symantec Corp (SYMC): SYMC stock is down 0.7% today.
- Logitech International S.A. (LOGI): LOGI stock is down 0.7% today.
- Electronic Arts Inc (EA): EA stock is down 0.7% today.
- Verifone Systems (PAY): PAY stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.