Utilities stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.1%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.2% and the S&P 500 was up 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is up 1.5% today.
- Southern Company (SO): SO stock is up 1.4% today.
- American Electric Power Company (AEP): AEP stock is up 1.4% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is up 1.4% today.
- Ameren Corp (AEE): AEE stock is up 1.4% today.
- Dominion Resources (D): D stock is up 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is up 1.3% today.
- Westar Energy (WR): WR stock is up 1.3% today.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is up 1.2% today.
- PPL Corp (PPL): PPL stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is down 1.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is down 1.4% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 1.0% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 0.9% today.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 0.7% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is down 0.6% today.
- Potomac Electric Power Company (POM): POM stock is down 0.2% today.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.