Utilities stocks declined 0.2% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.2% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is up 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is up 2.6% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 2.1% today.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is up 1.5%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is up 1.6% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 1.5% today and up 20.2% in the last month.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is up 1.4% today and up 21.4% in the last month.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 1.4% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is up 0.9%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is down 1.7% today.
- Southwest Gas Corp (SWX): SWX stock is down 1.1% today.
- Mge Energy Inc (MGEE): MGEE stock is down 0.8% today.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is down 0.8% today.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is down 0.7% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is down 0.6% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 0.6% today.
- Cms Energy Corp (CMS): CMS stock is down 0.6% today.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.