Utilities stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.0%, the Nasdaq rose 0.6% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.0% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is up 3.6% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 4.4% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 3.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is up 3.6% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 3.4% today.
- Terraform Power Inc (TERP): TERP stock is up 2.9% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is up 2.7% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 3.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is up 3.2% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is up 4.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is down 0.8% today.
- Cleco Power Llc (CNL): CNL stock is down 0.2% today.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.