Basic materials stocks finished up 2.5% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.5% higher, the Nasdaq was up 1.8% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is up 7.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is up 7.0% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is up 6.1% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is up 5.7% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is up 5.1% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is up 5.0% today.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is up 4.9% today.
- Polyone Corp (POL): POL stock is up 4.7% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is up 4.2% today.
- Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS): CRS stock is up 4.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.