Basic materials stocks finished down 0.9% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.1% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.2% and the S&P 500 rose 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sealed Air Corp (SEE): SEE stock is up 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Polyone Corp (POL): POL stock is up 0.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is up 0.7% today.
- Ashland Inc (ASH): ASH stock is up 0.7% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF): GEF stock is up 0.7% today.
- W.R. Grace & Company (GRA): GRA stock is up 0.6% today.
- Sonoco Products Company (SON): SON stock is up 0.6% today.
- RPM International Inc (RPM): RPM stock is up 0.6% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 0.5% today.
- Valspar Corp (VAL): VAL stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Actuant Corp (ATU): ATU stock is down 5.5% today.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is down 5.1% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 4.8% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 4.0% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is down 3.9% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is down 3.7% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Ltd (AEM): AEM stock is down 3.5% today.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is down 2.9% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is down 2.8% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 2.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.