Capital goods stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.5%, the Nasdaq increased 1.8% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.5% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- KBR Inc (KBR): KBR stock is up 4.0% today.
- Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V. (CBI): CBI stock is up 3.1% today.
- Louisiana-Pacific Corp (LPX): LPX stock is up 2.9% today.
- Vulcan Materials Company (VMC): VMC stock is up 2.8% today.
- Granite Construction Inc (GVA): GVA stock is up 2.7% today.
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is up 2.6% today.
- Idex Corp (IEX): IEX stock is up 2.5% today.
- Trinity Industries (TRN): TRN stock is up 2.6% today.
- Eagle Materials Inc (EXP): EXP stock is up 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Timken Company (TKR): TKR stock is up 2.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Triumph Group (TGI): TGI stock is down 1.1% today.
- Tennant Company (TNC): TNC stock is down 0.9% today.
- NVR Inc (NVR): NVR stock is down 0.7% today.
- Lennox International (LII): LII stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.