Capital goods stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.0% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.6% and the S&P 500 increased 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is up 5.7% today.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is up 3.7% today.
- Manitowoc Company (MTW): MTW stock is up 3.4% today.
- Cemex S.A.B. De C.V. Sponsored (CX): CX stock is up 3.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Joy Global Inc (JOY): JOY stock is up 3.1% today.
- Kennametal Inc (KMT): KMT stock is up 3.1% today.
- Nordson Corp (NDSN): NDSN stock is up 2.7% today.
- Trinity Industries (TRN): TRN stock is up 3.3% today.
- Jacobs Engineering Group Inc (JEC): JEC stock is up 2.9% today.
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira De Aeronautica (ERJ): ERJ stock is up 2.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Teledyne Technologies Inc (TDY): TDY stock is down 0.9% today.
- Boeing Company (BA): BA stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.