Consumer noncyclical stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.5% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 1.8% and the S&P 500 was up 1.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Adecoagro S.A. (AGRO): AGRO stock is up 3.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dean Foods Company (DF): DF stock is up 2.9% today.
- Herbalife Ltd (HLF): HLF stock is up 2.4% today.
- Hershey Foods Corp (HSY): HSY stock is up 2.3% today.
- Post Holdings Inc (POST): POST stock is up 2.3% today.
- Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM): ADM stock is up 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Conagra Foods (CAG): CAG stock is up 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Tupperware Corp (TUP): TUP stock is up 2.1% today.
- Ingredion Inc (INGR): INGR stock is up 1.9% today.
- J.M. Smucker Company (SJM): SJM stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Industrias Bachoco S.A. De C.V (IBA): IBA stock is down 1.0% today.
- Flowers Foods (FLO): FLO stock is down 0.1% today on 3 times normal volume.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.