Energy stocks rose 1.7% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.8%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.7% and the S&P 500 rose 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Baytex Energy Corp (BTE): BTE stock is up 16.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is up 10.2% today and up 36.2% in the last month.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 9.4% today and up 26.4% in the last month.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 8.9% today and up 29.5% in the last month.
- Cnooc Ltd (CEO): CEO stock is up 8.9%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Seadrill Ltd (SDRL): SDRL stock is up 7.7% today.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is up 7.5% today and up 28.8% in the last month.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is up 7.1% today.
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is up 6.9% today and up 25.1% in the last month.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is up 6.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Peabody Energy Corp (BTU): BTU stock is down 6.1% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is down 0.7% today.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.