Energy stocks finished down 0.6% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq increased 0.5% and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Columbia Pipeline Partners LP (CPPL): CPPL stock is up 3.2% today.
- Cosan Ltd (CZZ): CZZ stock is up 3.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sunoco L.P. (SUN): SUN stock is up 2.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Exterran Holdings (EXH): EXH stock is up 1.9% today.
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is up 1.6%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Murphy Oil Corp (MUR): MUR stock is up 1.5%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Imperial Oil Ltd (IMO): IMO stock is up 1.5% today.
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is up 1.3% today.
- Devon Energy Corp (DVN): DVN stock is up 1.3%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is up 1.3% today and up 39.4% in the last month.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is down 4.5% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is down 4.2% today.
- Range Resources Corp (RRC): RRC stock is down 3.7% today.
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is down 3.6% today.
- BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust (BPT): BPT stock is down 3.6% today.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is down 2.6% today.
- Energen Corp (EGN): EGN stock is down 2.3% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is down 2.0% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is down 2.0% today.
- Cnooc Ltd (CEO): CEO stock is down 2.0% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.