Energy stocks declined 0.8% on Wall Street on Monday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq rose 0.3% and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is up 3.2% today.
- Petrochina Company Ltd (PTR): PTR stock is up 2.5% today.
- Cnooc Ltd (CEO): CEO stock is up 2.2% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is up 1.5% today.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is up 1.0% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is up 0.5% today.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is up 0.7% today.
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is up 0.2% today.
- Sunoco L.P. (SUN): SUN stock is up 0.3% today.
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is down 7.1% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is down 4.9% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is down 4.5% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is down 4.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is down 4.3% today.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is down 4.0% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is down 4.2% today.
- Peabody Energy Corp (BTU): BTU stock is down 4.8% today.
- Weatherford International Ltd (WFT): WFT stock is down 3.7% today.
- Continental Resources (CLR): CLR stock is down 3.9% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.