Energy stocks rose 2.2% on Wall Street on Monday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.0% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.7% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is up 8.6% today.
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is up 7.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 8.2% today.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is up 7.6% today.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO): CRZO stock is up 6.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Seadrill Ltd (SDRL): SDRL stock is up 6.2% today.
- Continental Resources (CLR): CLR stock is up 5.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 6.3% today.
- Rowan Companies (RDC): RDC stock is up 5.4% today.
- Exterran Holdings (EXH): EXH stock is up 4.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Suncor Energy Inc (SU): SU stock is down 1.1% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is down 0.6% today.
- Alon USA Energy (ALJ): ALJ stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.