Financial stocks fell 2.3% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.3%, the Nasdaq was down 1.4% and the S&P 500 fell 1.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is up 3.0% today.
- Lloyds Banking Group Plc (LYG): LYG stock is up 1.3% today.
- Prudential Public Limited Company (PUK): PUK stock is up 1.1% today.
- China Life Insurance Company Ltd (LFC): LFC stock is up 0.9% today.
- Credit Suisse Group (CS): CS stock is up 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Deutsche Bank Ag (DB): DB stock is up 0.9% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is up 0.7% today.
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is up 0.5% today.
- Aviva Plc (AV): AV stock is up 0.9% today.
- Alliancebernstein Income Fund Inc (ACG): ACG stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- TD Ameritrade Holding Corp (AMTD): AMTD stock is down 6.6% today.
- The Charles Schwab Corp (SCHW): SCHW stock is down 6.0% today.
- Gabelli Dividend (GDV): GDV stock is down 5.1% today.
- Federated Investors (FII): FII stock is down 4.3% today.
- Regions Financial Corp (RF): RF stock is down 4.1% today.
- Western Alliance Bancorporation (WAL): WAL stock is down 4.2% today.
- Comerica Inc (CMA): CMA stock is down 3.8% today.
- Bank of New York Mellon Corp (BK): BK stock is down 3.5% today.
- First Tennessee National Corp (FHN): FHN stock is down 3.7% today.
- State Street Corp (STT): STT stock is down 3.7% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.