Financial stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.3%, the Nasdaq was down 0.5% and the S&P 500 declined 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is up 3.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is up 2.8% today.
- Apollo Investment Corp (AINV): AINV stock is up 2.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Banco Santander (SAN): SAN stock is up 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS): BNS stock is up 2.0% today.
- Main Street Capital Corp (MAIN): MAIN stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Duff & Phelps Utilities Income (DNP): DNP stock is up 1.9% today.
- Eaton Vance Tax-Advantaged Global Dividend (ETG): ETG stock is up 1.8% today.
- General Electric Company (GE): GE stock is up 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Maiden Hldgs Ltd (MHLD): MHLD stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Lazard Ltd (LAZ): LAZ stock is down 3.5% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is down 3.1% today.
- Validus Holdings (VR): VR stock is down 2.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Ims Health Holdings Inc (IMS): IMS stock is down 2.8% today.
- The Charles Schwab Corp (SCHW): SCHW stock is down 2.5% today.
- Fidelity National Financial (FNF): FNF stock is down 2.6% today.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is down 2.4% today.
- Humana Inc (HUM): HUM stock is down 2.1% today.
- Selective Insurance Group (SIGI): SIGI stock is down 2.0% today.
- Waddell & Reed Financial (WDR): WDR stock is down 1.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.