Financial stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.3%, the Nasdaq was down 0.5% and the S&P 500 declined 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is up 3.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is up 2.8% today.
- Apollo Investment Corp (AINV): AINV stock is up 2.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Banco Santander (SAN): SAN stock is up 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS): BNS stock is up 2.0% today.
- Main Street Capital Corp (MAIN): MAIN stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Duff & Phelps Utilities Income (DNP): DNP stock is up 1.9% today.
- Eaton Vance Tax-Advantaged Global Dividend (ETG): ETG stock is up 1.8% today.
- General Electric Company (GE): GE stock is up 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Maiden Hldgs Ltd (MHLD): MHLD stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Lazard Ltd (LAZ): LAZ stock is down 3.5% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is down 3.1% today.
- Validus Holdings (VR): VR stock is down 2.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Ims Health Holdings Inc (IMS): IMS stock is down 2.8% today.
- The Charles Schwab Corp (SCHW): SCHW stock is down 2.5% today.
- Fidelity National Financial (FNF): FNF stock is down 2.6% today.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is down 2.4% today.
- Humana Inc (HUM): HUM stock is down 2.1% today.
- Selective Insurance Group (SIGI): SIGI stock is down 2.0% today.
- Waddell & Reed Financial (WDR): WDR stock is down 1.9% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.