Services stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.9%, the Nasdaq was up 0.4% and the S&P 500 rose 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Hertz Global Holdings Inc (HTZ): HTZ stock is up 7.2% today.
- Zillow Inc. (Z): Z stock is up 5.5% today.
- Wynn Resorts Ltd (WYNN): WYNN stock is up 5.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Apollo Group (APOL): APOL stock is up 4.9% today.
- John Wiley Sons Cl A (JW.A): JW.A stock is up 4.4% today.
- Brady Corp (BRC): BRC stock is up 4.2% today.
- Stantec Inc (STN): STN stock is up 4.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Clean Harbors (CLH): CLH stock is up 4.1% today.
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE): WWE stock is up 4.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Devry Inc (DV): DV stock is up 3.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store (CBRL): CBRL stock is down 2.9% today.
- Papa John’s International (PZZA): PZZA stock is down 2.7% today.
- Alexander’s Inc (ALX): ALX stock is down 2.6% today.
- Vipshop Holdings Ltd (VIPS): VIPS stock is down 2.2% today.
- Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Inc (RBA): RBA stock is down 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Realogy Holdings Corp (RLGY): RLGY stock is down 2.0% today.
- Dollar General Corp (DG): DG stock is down 1.9% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Sotheby’s Holdings (BID): BID stock is down 1.6% today.
- Nexstar Broadcasting Group (NXST): NXST stock is down 1.6% today.
- Advance Auto Parts Inc (AAP): AAP stock is down 1.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.