Technology stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.8%, the Nasdaq was up 0.7% and the S&P 500 rose 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Sunedison Inc (SUNE): SUNE stock is up 15.1% today.
- Canadian Solar Inc (CSIQ): CSIQ stock is up 4.6% today.
- 3D Systems Corp (DDD): DDD stock is up 4.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sunpower Corp (SPWR): SPWR stock is up 3.7% today.
- Wesco International (WCC): WCC stock is up 3.7% today.
- Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMI): SMI stock is up 3.6% today.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSM): TSM stock is up 3.6% today.
- Lexmark International (LXK): LXK stock is up 3.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Juniper Networks (JNPR): JNPR stock is up 3.5% today.
- Eaton Corp (ETN): ETN stock is up 3.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Adobe Systems Incorporated (ADBE): ADBE stock is down 5.9% today.
- Pandora Media Inc (P): P stock is down 4.6% today.
- Athenahealth (ATHN): ATHN stock is down 0.9% today.
- Tyler Technologies (TYL): TYL stock is down 1.1% today.
- Guidewire Software Inc. Common (GWRE): GWRE stock is down 1.0% today.
- Medidata Solutions (MDSO): MDSO stock is down 1.0% today.
- Imperva Inc (IMPV): IMPV stock is down 0.9% today.
- The Descartes Systems Group Inc (DSGX): DSGX stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- F5 Networks (FFIV): FFIV stock is down 0.5% today.
- Rockwell Automation Inc (ROK): ROK stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.