Transportation stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.7% and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Kirby Corp (KEX): KEX stock is up 2.0% today.
- Golar Lng Ltd (GLNG): GLNG stock is up 2.0% today.
- Teekay Shipping Corp (TK): TK stock is up 1.2% today.
- Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC): NSC stock is up 1.8% today.
- Canadian Pacific Railway (CP): CP stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Kansas City Southern (KSU): KSU stock is up 1.6% today.
- Genesee & Wyoming (GWR): GWR stock is up 1.5% today.
- Union Pacific Corp (UNP): UNP stock is up 1.3% today.
- CSX Corp (CSX): CSX stock is up 1.3% today.
- Canadian National Railway Company (CNI): CNI stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A. (GOL): GOL stock is down 6.2% today and down 20.2% in the last month.
- Allegiant Travel Company (ALGT): ALGT stock is down 1.7% today.
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is down 1.6% today.
- Hawaiian Holdings (HA): HA stock is down 1.5% today.
- Jetblue Airways Corp (JBLU): JBLU stock is down 1.4% today.
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is down 1.3% today.
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is down 1.3% today.
- Macquarie Infrastructure Company Trust (MIC): MIC stock is down 1.2% today.
- Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII): HII stock is down 0.6% today.
- Swift Transportation Company (SWFT): SWFT stock is down 1.1% today and down 26.4% in the last month.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.