Transportation stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.8%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.6% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.8% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Mobile Mini (MINI): MINI stock is up 5.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Costamare Inc (CMRE): CMRE stock is up 3.6% today.
- Golar Lng Partners LP (GMLP): GMLP stock is up 3.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Express-1 Expedited Solutions (XPO): XPO stock is up 3.4% today.
- Amerco (UHAL): UHAL stock is up 2.9% today.
- Canadian Pacific Railway (CP): CP stock is up 2.7% today.
- Spirit Airlines Inc (SAVE): SAVE stock is up 2.5% today.
- Allegiant Travel Company (ALGT): ALGT stock is up 2.5% today.
- CSX Corp (CSX): CSX stock is up 2.4% today.
- Wabtec Corp (WAB): WAB stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Greenbrier Companies (GBX): GBX stock is down 1.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Swift Transportation Company (SWFT): SWFT stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.