Utilities stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 1.2%, the Nasdaq fell 1.3% and the S&P 500 declined 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 2.9% today.
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York (ED): ED stock is up 1.6% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is up 2.8% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Duke Energy Corp (DUK): DUK stock is up 1.2% today.
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Laclede Group (LG): LG stock is up 1.1% today.
- Entergy Corp (ETR): ETR stock is up 1.2% today.
- Idacorp Inc (IDA): IDA stock is up 1.0% today.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 2.9% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 1.6% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is down 1.2% today.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is down 1.4% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is down 0.7% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.