Creepy clown sightings are becoming more common as Halloween approaches, and people are terrified.
What some consider to be a hoax, others see as a real threat in the form of people disguised as scary clowns with the intent of scaring children and other citizens.
Here are seven examples of creepy clown sightings scaring the bejesus out of people:
- Two 14-year-olds from Des Moines, Iowa showed up to class wearing clown masks following a threat on Instagram against a middle school. The student who posed the threat was interviewed by the police and his threat was deemed as not credible.
- A 16-year-old in Reading, Pa. wearing a clown mask that was pushed onto his head was stabbed fatally in perhaps the most horrific of creepy clown sightings.
- Police arrested a 10-year-old making clown threats in Alabama to Montgomery Public schools.
- Four people were arrested in one case where threats were issued to elementary, middle and high schools in Georgia.
- On Oct. 4, a student dressed up as a clown and called himself “Kluster thee Klown.” He was charged and arressted by police following threats made to the student body.
- Two south Nashville metro schools were shut down following a clown’s threats on social media. No one was charged as the threat was seen as not being credible.
- Two people were arrested on Sept. 14 in Georgia for making false claims surrounding clowns being in the area and attempting to kidnap their children.
If you see a clown or a threat about creepy clown sightings, contact your local authorities immediately.