Editor’s Note: This article has been updated to reflect new information about the AirBNB IPO as of Thursday, Dec. 10, 2020.
The AirBNB (NASDAQ:ABNB) initial public offering (IPO) is taking place Thursday as investors keep their eyes on the company.
Starting off, AirBNB went public today with an offering of 56,551,723 shares. This has it offering its shares on the Nasdaq under the ABNB stock ticker. It’s worth noting that the company has been eyeing an IPO for a couple of years now.
AirBNB’s IPO plans got an update earlier this week with a new price range. The company was aiming to have its shares trade between $56 and $60 per share. It was also previously aiming for an IPO pricing range of $44 to $50 per share.
However, the AirBNB IPO has surpassed these expectations. The company’s shares are trading at $68 per share during its IPO. This new price could see it raising as much as $3.85 billion from the IPO.
Investors wanting to catch up on the AirBNB IPO can check out the following content from InvestorPlace.
- Airbnb Is Too Hot to Touch, So Avoid the Upcoming IPO
- Airbnb Stock IPO – 5 Factors Investors Need to Know
- Pros and Cons to Consider for When the Airbnb IPO Finally Comes to Market
- Here’s Why the Airbnb Stock IPO is a Sign of a Pandemic Crisis Rebound
- 4 Reasons Why You Should Invest in Airbnb Shares
- 15 Stocks That May Be Hurt by This Year’s Big IPOs
- 4 ‘Paul’ Stocks — Pinterest, Airbnb, Uber, Lyft — That Are Going Public Soon
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article.