DDi Corp. (NASDAQ: DDIC) is one of my favorite penny stocks to buy now. This tech stock has made a name for itself with its technological innovation, and its bargain share price makes it a hot penny stock for any portfolio.
Founded in 1978, DDIC engineers and manufactures PCB’s for the most time-critical and sophisticated of uses. Its boards are multi-layered, and it specializes in a quick turn-around (1-10 days) for its customers, which will be very important as the recovery gains ground and order volume swells.
The company operates out of eight facilities in North America and sources high-volume jobs from facilities located in Asia. It has about 1,100 PCB customers who span the globe and who use DDIC’s boards to manufacture and sell products in the communications and networking, medical, test and industrial instruments, high-end computing, military and aerospace, and commercial markets. They include original equipment manufacturers (OEM), electronic manufacturing services (EMS) providers and military and aerospace companies.
Its customers value DDIC because they know that the company is on the forefront of PCB innovation. Here are just a few examples of its pioneering milestones:
- Developing a new process–FLAT-WRAP Technology–which requires less plated copper and allows more consistent plate thickness, as well as additional density of the electronics on the board. That adds up to more consistent performance and the ability to add more components to the board’s real estate.
- Making several innovations to Power Distribution, so that power delivery is more consistent, blocking out interference, even in the most demanding applications. That also means better performance and life of the electronics.
- Creating performance-critical applications, such as those used by DDIC’s military customers, must incorporate highly accurate Thermal Management so that they operate as expected. That need led DDIC to develop lighter weight materials using carbon fiber fabric with thermal conductivities.
And gearing up for the upsurge in orders expected as economies around the world recover, DDIC just made an important purchase. At the end of last year, the company acquired Toronto-based Coretec Inc. to increase its North American production capacity, expand its market share in the military, aerospace and medical markets, and strengthen its flex and rigid-flex product capabilities (some components on the boards need to be flexible, while others require rigidity).
According to the North American PCB industry, DDIC is one of the top 10 PCB companies in North America, with its acquisition of Coretec placing it in the number seven position. I love that, as it means the company–while already holding important market share–has plenty of room to grow by grabbing market share from its competition.
And that is exactly what DDIC is doing. DDi Corp is a great penny stock to buy now.
As of this writing, Nancy Zambell was recommending DDIC stock to subscribers of her paid newsletter, Buried Treasures Under $10.
- Top 6 Stocks to Buy Now
- 9 Hot Europe Stocks Leading the EU Rally
- The 7 Deadly Sins of 401k Investing
Now that the recovery is under way, companies are spending money hand over fist for technology goods and services. And that means big things for these tech stocks. Each one trades for under $10 a share AND is set to double in the next 12 months — get their names here. Get your FREE copy of this report here!