I know, I know. I’m not breaking any new ground here with an Apple recommendation. Its growth and the power of its brands are obvious — but I continue to expect it to outperform, and thus would recommend it for any investor’s portfolio. Reasons include:
- Stunning 118% earnings growth in Q1. EPS growth has run about 60% annually since 2008.
- Revenue has tripled from 2008 to 2011, from $32.4 billion to $108.2 billion.
- All these results haven’t caused Apple to outrun its earnings, with a reasonable forward P/E of about 13.
- The iPad 3 is coming soon, and will probably put other results to shame.
- Even without Steve Jobs at the helm, the company remains at the pinnacle of tech.
You know the score by now. I just want to go on record with this buy for my Editor’s Picks list before Apple moves any higher.
Jeff Reeves is the editor of InvestorPlace.com. Write him at email@example.com, follow him on Twitter via @JeffReevesIP and become a fan of InvestorPlace on Facebook. Jeff Reeves holds a position in Alcoa, but no other publicly traded stocks.