Filing tax returns and submitting payments to the IRS can be downright dreadful. If you’re a tax day procrastinator looking for slivers of sunshine among clouds of deadlines, here’s a snippet of good news. Quite a few companies will offer freebies on or around April 17.
Some of them are offering deals exclusively for their Facebook fans, while others are promoting their freebies via coupons and special offers on their websites and through other channels.
Courtesy of Kips Tips, here are five fabulous freebies that you don’t wanna miss.
- Chili’s (NYSE:EAT): The Southwestern restaurant chain is offering a coupon for a free appetizer or dessert with the purchase of an adult entree. The coupon can be printed or shown to the server via your smartphone and is valid April 16 through April 18.
- P.F. Chang’s (NASDAQ;PFCB): With the exception of alcohol and happy hour items, this restaurant chain is offering a 15% discount nationwide on dine-in and carry-out orders. The discount is only available on April 17.
- Office Depot (NYSE:ODP): The office supply big-box store is offering a deal that isn’t yummy, but is practical. From now through April 16, Office Depot is allowing customers make 25 single-sided black-and-white copies. It’s also offering up to five pounds of shredding.
- Arby’s (NASDAQ:WEN): The fast-food chain famous for its roast beef sandwich offers a coupon for a free value-size curly fries. Arby’s is also hosting a sweepstakes on its Facebook page to win $5,000 in tax relief.
- Cinnabon: As part of its “Tax Day Bites” promotion, Cinnabon will offer two free Classic Cinnabon Bites on April 17 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. The offer will be valid at participating locations.
You can find more details about these and more special offers at Kip Tips.
Want one more piece of advice about finding freebies? Remember that national stores aren’t the only retailers offering them. Be sure to check with your favorite local merchants to see if they’ll have any tax day deals.