Here’s what you need to know about the new service:
- It’s available in more than 200 U.S. locations.
- A few international cities have also been pre-cleared for the service.
- Customers traveling to a city where baggage delivery is available can sign up for the service immediately after purchasing tickets at www.AA.com.
- Customers will be directed to a site hosted by BAGS VIP Luggage Delivery after they click on the “Have Your Bags Delivered” button on the banner of the “Reservation Details.”
- At the BAGS VIP site, customers will need to input all travel information and set up payment information.
- The pricing structure is as follows: 1 bag: $29.95; 2 bags $39.95; 3 -10 bags $49.95.
- Deliveries may be made to destinations up to 100 miles from the airport. For destinations exceeding 40 miles, customers will incur an additional charge of $1 per mile.
- Customers traveling with more than 10 bags are permitted to place multiple orders.
- Customers can register for the service for up to two hours before their scheduled departure.
- While checking in for a flight, customers simply leave their bags at the ticket counter.
- If the delivery destination is within 40 miles from the airport, bags should arrive within four hours.
American Airlines boasts that it’s the only airline to offer a baggage delivery service at this time. United Air Lines (NYSE:UAL) once offered a similar service but discontinued it some time ago.