Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT) has partnered with Mollen Immunization Clinics to expand its offering of immunizations this season.
In addition to offering the standard flu and pneumonia vaccinations, registered nurses will be available to administer eight other CDC-recommended immunizations in more than 2,700 Walmart locations.
The immunizations will be available to anyone three-years of age or older who meet criteria set by CDC and FDA guidelines. “According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, many adults are not up-to-date with recommended life-saving immunizations,” John Agwunobi, M.D., president of Walmart U.S. Health and Wellness, said in a press release.
Vaccination events will take place at participating stores from Aug. 27 through Nov. 15. There will be a charge for all vaccinations.
Here is a list of the available vaccinations:
- Flu (influenza) – offered at all Walmart locations with a Walmart pharmacy
- Pneumonia (pneumococcal) – offered at all Walmart locations with a Walmart pharmacy
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Chickenpox (varicella)
- HPV (human papilloma virus)
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella)
- Meningitis (meningococcal)
- Shingles (herpes zoster)
- Tetanus, diphtheria and whooping cough (pertussis) (Tdap)
Specific vaccination offerings will differ by store. Customers can either make an appointment in advance or stop by the events during their regular shopping trips. More information on the immunizations is available at www.walmart.com/flushots.