Apple has now sold its 170 millionth iPad, and Tim Cook brought out stats saying the iPad is rated No. 1 in customer satisfaction, represents 81% of tablet usage share and offers 475,000 apps designed specifically for tablets.
In other words, in declining market share, AAPL management is pushing the iPad’s superiority.
Here’s what’s available in the fifth generation, full-sized Apple iPad:
- 64-bit A7 chip first introduced in iPhone 5S (double performance of last year)
- 7.5 mmm thick (20% thinner than last years)
- Bezel is 43% thinner than last year
- 1.0 pounds (compared to 1.4 lbs), the smallest lightest tablet in the world
- Dual antenna for faster WiFi
- 10-hour battery life
- 5MP iSight Camera, HD FaceTime camera
- Silver/white or space gray/black
- Starts at $499
- Available Nov. 1, including in China
- Full-sized iPad 2 still available for $399