With the holidays getting closer, retailers are putting together their forecasts of the toys most wanted by kids this year.
Discount retailer Target (TGT) is including video games, electronics and sporting equipment in its holiday toy list for the first time this year. Uncertainty over the U.S. economy and lackluster toy sales in Europe, Australia and North America have some retailers worried about the strength of this year’s holiday shopping season, the Associated Press notes.
At least one analyst warns that toy sales this year will sink to $21 billion, down 2% from last year.
Here are some of the hottest toys for this holiday season, according to Target.
- Sesame Street’s Big Hugs Elmo
- Hasbro‘s (HAS) Furby Boom
- Mattel (MAT) Monster High Power Ghouls
- SpinMaster’s Flutterbye Flying Fairy
- LeapFrog LeapPad2 Explorer Disney Princess Bundle
- Razor Lighted Wheel-A-Scooter.
You can find Target’s full list of the top toys for this year at its website.