Airline Ratings – The Best Airlines and Worst Airlines in September
Most airline ratings improved overall for the month
Best Airlines for Mishandled Bags:
- Virgin America — 0.71 reports per 1,000 passengers. Virgin America topped the list of best airlines for handling bags, boasting the lowest rate of lost or mishandled bags in September. Its results for this metric of airline ratings handily outpaced the industry average of 2.70 bags per 1,000 passengers.
- JetBlue — 1.67 reports per 1,000 passengers. Although JetBlue’s result for this metric of airline ratings was more than double that of Virgin America, it’s still one of the best airlines out there. Plus, its most recent numbers are an improvement over the 1.73 it posted in September of 2012.
- Delta — 1.68 reports per 1,000 passengers. DAL continues to do well in managing baggage — well enough to take the bronze for the best airlines in this category. But the number for this metric of airline ratings did inch above September 2012’s rate of 1.67 mishandled bags per 1,000 passengers.
Other Airline Ratings:
- US Airways — 2.12 reports per 1,000 passengers.
- American Airlines — 2.43 reports per 1,000 passengers.
- Hawaiian Airlines — 2.43 reports per 1,000 passengers.
Article printed from InvestorPlace Media, http://investorplace.com/2013/11/airline-ratings-best-worst-airlines/.
©2017 InvestorPlace Media, LLC