Worried the Kraft (KRFT) Velveeta shortage will hurt your Super Bowl festivities? Here is an easy recipe that will replace Velveeta if you can’t find it on grocer shelves.
This recipe, from Food.com, will let you create your own Velveeta.
You’ll be able to tell guests you managed to snag the last one — or perhaps tell them you’ve always had a far superior recipe anyway.
And how good is it? One reviewer had this to say: “Love this! Made it with sharp cheddar, monterrey jack and colby and it came out delicious. Next time, I will use the whole packet of gelatin, as we like a firmer cheese, but that is the only change I would make, and as that is based on personal preference only, this recipe is 5 stars!”
Check it out below:
The Velveeta Substitute recipe (via Food.com)
What you’ll need:
1 1/2 cups water, very hot
1/2 cup instant milk, plus
1 tablespoon instant milk
0.5 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin (1 1/2 teaspoons)
1 1/2 lbs cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Line a 8x4x2 – 5″ loaf pan with plastic wrap.
2. In a blender, put 1/2 cup of the water, 3 tablespoons of the milk, 1/2 teaspoon of the gelatin. Whip until gelatin is dissolved.
3. Quickly add 1/2 lb of the cheddar to the hot mixture.
4. Whip until blended.
5. Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
6. Repeat this twice, until all ingredients are used.
7. Cover the pan with more plastic wrap and chill overnight before unmolding.
8. Keep cold and slice as needed.
So don’t fear! Get this recipe together before the big day and you’ll breathe easy as your guest chatter on about the Kraft Velveeta shortage.