Capital goods stocks advanced 0.7% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.7%, the Nasdaq climbed 1.0% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.7% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Gencorp Inc (GY): GY stock is up 2.3% today.
- Moog Inc (MOG.A): MOG.A stock is up 2.4% today.
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira De Aeronautica (ERJ): ERJ stock is up 2.2% today.
- Manitowoc Company (MTW): MTW stock is up 1.9% today.
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is up 1.3% today.
- Chart Industries (GTLS): GTLS stock is up 1.9% today.
- Ingersoll-Rand Plc (Ireland) (IR): IR stock is up 1.8% today.
- Dycom Industries (DY): DY stock is up 1.2% today.
- Northrop Grumman Corp (NOC): NOC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Orbital Sciences Corp (ORB): ORB stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Lindsay Corp (LNN): LNN stock is down 0.8% today.
- Dxp Enterprises (DXPE): DXPE stock is down 0.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Colfax Corp (CFX): CFX stock is down 0.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Elbit Systems Ltd (ESLT): ESLT stock is down 0.2% today.
- Heico Cp Cl A (HEI.A): HEI.A stock is down 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- USG Corp (USG): USG stock is down 0.5% today.
- Dresser-Rand Group Inc (DRC): DRC stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.